My Pledge to Amherstburg
- Town Hall should be a place where elected representatives and residents can run the business of the town in a professional, efficient, and respectful manner. As your elected official, I promise that I will serve the community in a professional, efficient, and respectful manner.
- Elected official must direct town employees and administration toward the objectives of the residents. As your elected official, I promise that the taxpayers’ agenda will govern my decisions and I will stand up for the community at town hall.
- Discussion with elected representatives is important. As your elected official, I promise to be available to answer any questions you may have.
- Elected official have the responsibility of making important long-term decision. As your elected official, I promise I will be well-informed about the legal and financial consequences of major decisions and make decisions in the best interest of the community.
- I believe in open government that communicates with its residents.
- Information should be readily available.
- Notice of meetings and proceedings at town hall should be better advertised.
- We need live streaming of council meetings for those who cannot attend at town hall.
- I will conduct a complete review of our communication processes to ensure our residents are getting the information they need.